Spring is an exciting time at Anne Fattal’s Footnotes! The trees are blossoming pinks and bright greens all over Chatham, and we are gearing up for so many different events!
For Picture Day and the Recital, all dancers are asked to wear their hair and makeup in a way that will keep their hair off their faces, make a unified look with the class, and have their features show up onstage under the bright lights.
- Start with hair wet.
- Use lots of hair gel to keep bangs off the face. Use bobby or hair pins that same color of hair to secure back.
- Use an elastic the color of your hair to make a ponytail in the back of the head and centered.
- Use Hair Spray to finish.
- Wrap hair in bun and secure with bobby pins. Long hair can be braided first.
- Use a hair net around the bun that is the same color of the hair and continue to secure hair with hair spray and bobby pins.
- Use hair spray over the entire head to keep in place.
For Young Children
- Try to enhance the eyes by using brown eye shadows, mascara, and eyeliner.
- Use bright red blush on the cheeks and brush up towards the temples.
- Red lipstick. (Note: lighter colors do not read from stage)
The overall goal is to enhance the features because the stage lights are so bright.
For Older Students
- A foundation base should be used as well as a finishing powder.
- Eye makeup should be heavier than normal, using shades of brown eye shadows, lots of mascara, and black or brown eye liner.
- Use bright blush on the cheeks and brush up towards the temples.
- Red lipstick. (Note: lighter colors do not read from stage.